11.15.2007

The Halloween Finale...Finally!


This is my last Halloween post for, thank goodness, a whole year! There were just WAY too many parties and festivities to fit them all onto one. So, we have FINALLY reached Halloween night, which is what it's all about, right? The Family, the Trick-or-Treating, and watching all the adorable kids run from door to door in their cute costumes. My favorite part is seeing how excited Matix got every time someone put something in his T-o-T bucket. It could have been a rock and he still was thrilled that they gave him something. Oh, to be young again...

So, to start of the picture sesh...here are my two favorite kiddos in the whole wide world sitting next to their pumpkins. And yes, I am very embarrassed to admit that the pumpkins were MAGIC MARKERED this year!!!! Hey we had fun at the Pumpkin Patch, but to be honest, I totally forgot to get them out of the back of my car until Halloween Day! OH MY GOSH!!! I can't believe I admitted that one:). And, not really Magic Marker...actually Dry Erase now that I think about it. Hey, at least we could erase and re-draw if we messed up the pumpkins eyes. Carving doesn't provide you that luxury. We had a blast doing it...that's what matters most.

My lil Tink...

Our Second-Year Buzz. He didn't want to be a dragon last minute, but instead wanted to dig out last year's costume. Fine by me!!!

It's becoming somewhat of a tradition to do Halloween dinner at G-mo and Kristen's house, where Kristen's mom, Sheri, brings THE most delicious chicken and dumpling soup EVER! It's amazing. And, of course, my mom does her homemade rolls, Kristen makes her amazing cookies, AND...they put me in charge of drinks!!! HUH??? Whats that about? I have a feeling I'm becoming the Kelly of the family...are you guys gonna put me in charge of the pickle-tray this Christmas, Mama??:) Hey, I'm totally fine with doing the Diet Coke and paper products!!!

The Soup Nazi, herself(with Brooklynn, G-mo and Kristen's adorable little girl, 2 1/2 mos)...

Tate, the boxer (G-mo and Kristen's almost 2 year old)...

Tate, the boxer mowing the lawn with some Buzz Lightyear goggles...I love that picture:):):) Simmy suit, simmy suit, simmy suit!! For you, Mo!

James, the mad scientist (Vanessa's sweet boy and Matix's BF)...


The Peace-Maker (Derek's bro Ryan), the Trouble-Maker, and the Baby-Maker... WHAT A CHEESE SHE IS!!!

The Roll-Maker and the Pickle-Tray-Maker (if I get lucky:))...


Alright Kristen. Time for you to start your blog so I don't have to post pictures of your family with names, ages, and characteristics. Tag, your it! Am I allowed to tag that way?

18 comments:

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Darlingn pics heidi! I'm lovin all of these Halloween pics! You're just lucky your kids didn't get sick of their costumes by halloween and beg to be something different. (yes- taylin). I hope Kristin starts a blog- i told her to a couple weeks ago. People think they don't have time...but really- YOU DO!! Her little kids are SO CUTE. i'm glad you posted them!! Tell your mom hello. she's so sweet.

Swirls of Happy said...

Little Marley has the best smil in every pic!!!!! I love that last one of her with Derek and his brother...her smile is priceless :) What a fun halloween, and you and your mom are as cute as ever always!!!! I love how much you guys look like eachother! Love the buzz costume too..too precious!

the michael family said...

I am still laughing about your pumpkins...too funny:)

Malia said...

Heidi I really couldn't do another name other than Ms. Lane, it has too much history. That picture of you and your Mom is so cute! Let me know when she's out of town, I could watch the house...and her closet! Your kids are adorable too and Marley has the cutest smile.

noey said...

OK, this is the second time I've tried this -- I know I'm really terrible at this stuff and too embarassed to call Heidi to ask her how she set it up for me! But now that I'm late for my nail appointment anyway, I might as well finish it. (The life of a "Noey"!) That is so funny, Heidi, about forgetting your pumpkins until the last minute. (The life of Heidi!) AND... about the pickle tray comment. Next year, I'm going to be the "Pickle Tray Princess" because you're going to be the "Thanksgiving Queen"! -- Yeah! You're getting a promotion!!!! J/k. I know you're probably having a heart attack right now, so we'll talk later! Ha Ha. But really, you're artichoke dip and pickle trays are unbeatable -- AJ's will be calling next year for your big day, I'm sure. The only thing better than your pickle trays and dips are the fact that I have the cutest grandkids in the world, thanks to my cutest kids in the world! Have to run -- nails are flying off as we speak. Love ya!

Brooklyn said...

I love your posts Heidi! Your so cute! I love your momma! It was fun standing in line with her at the donut shop in Newport. (Your mom of course knew the owners names) :) Kristen looks so much like her mom. There kids are so cute. How fun for Tate and Matix and Marley and their new one to all be so close! Love all the pics. Your sweeties are just beautiful!

Unknown said...

That is so great- tagging Kristen into the bloggin world- Pretty sure it is totally legit! HAAHAA! You are too cute :-) That is so funny that you are always the Drink & Paper Product Princess- don't worry girl- I occupy that same seat in my family. My mom and sister are the cooks and I get to bring...? Salad- from a bag? If they trust me with that :-)! All these pic.s are so cute! Oh- and you don't HAVE TO do the tagged post- but it would be so fun if ya did!
That is soo cool that you take dance classes! I think I might look into going solo if Byron dosn't give in soon!!! I like the petition idea :-)NiCCE!

the waites said...

Hi Heidi! Its me your Butt grabbing back spot Rachel. I loved reading your blog it made me laugh. I love it cause you tell it like it is! You are one hot mama... I dont believe you had 2 kids, you look to good. Anyways send me your email and Ill invite you to my "Special" invite only Blog. I know super lame but I got wierd comments. Rachwaite@hotmail.com

Shannon Allen said...

It is so fun to see your cute little family! Your kids are so cute! It is fun to catch up a little bit on each other's lives. By the way, I love the Halloween costumes!

Unknown said...

She is the cutest tinkerbell ever! And that buzz costume is so cool; it's good he got to use it again. I showed these to Kale and he started throwing a fit because he wants a buzz costume too. Yikes! But, it IS a cool costume:)

Chelsea said...

Hey Heidi! I cant believe the last time I saw Marley she was brand new! They are both adorable & it sounds like you had some lovely Halloween festivities.

Chelsea said...

p.s.
thanks for the lov-el-y advice, I will be applying it for sure as I venture into this unknown world!

Jessica said...

I am so excited I ran across your blog. It was so fun to catch up with your family. Looks like you guys are doing great. Your kids are a adorable. I think It has been a year since we had talked.

My Loves said...

Jess! Where is your blog? Hopefully you read this...I need your email (and blog) address. Hope you guys are doing well.

Suzy Cummard said...

Finally seeing your cute blog & finally seeing your adorable kids.
Oh my goodness!

Did Marley love her bling you made?

Unknown said...

Haahha- Yay for the salad makers!!! I am so happy to hear about the promotion- I knew you could do it :-) We totally rock- Love IT!

Shannon Allen said...

by the way, we just made our blog private so email me so I can add you to our list! Thanks shannonallen10@gmail.com

Paleo Lovin said...

ok Heidi this is SO funny, for a split second I actually thought that that WAS you in the cowboy hat at B a B! Then I did a double take and read your caption underneath! By the way, you look NOTHING like that lady!

This Time Last Year....