11.03.2007

Vegas, Baby!

Der and I took our first heart-wrenching, kid-less trip a couple weeks ago. Talk about bitter sweet! Here we are trying to relax and enjoy ourselves, but all I could seem to think about were our babies back at home:(. Luckily, our friends that went with us didn't mind the constant Matix and Marley talk. Thanks guys!Our kid-attachment issues aside, we had a blast...though it was hard to get used to lounging by the pool without having to chase my kids all around.
Anyone that knows me knows that I LOVE to people-watch. I could people-watch ALL DAY LONG if I had the chance!! No place better than Vegas if your wanting a good laugh:). There is just something about trying to figure out what makes people the way they are...where they came from, how they were raised, what they have been through, etc. Well, I think I found my match:). It was apparent that this couple LOVES to people watch as well!! They even seemed completely unfazed by the fact that Maggie was taking a picture of them doing their people-watching. I had to wonder if I had toilet paper hanging out the back of my bikini, or if that zit on my forehead was visible from way over there. Oh well if it was:). But who am I to talk? I'm usually right there with 'em!!

I think of all places I've visited, Vegas has THE most amazing restaurants. I am HORRIBLE with names, but this place was one of our favorite Italian food places! I feel like all we did there was eat...but I'm not complaining. It was wonderful!!! In fact, I got home and realized that a majority of our pictures were of us four at restaurants that we loved. How great is that?!?
This is in front of THE most fabulous hotel ever! In my book at least. The Venetian is SOOO gorgeous with amazing rooms (and a yummy gelato place) for half the price of some of the more expensive ones if you do online booking. Highly recommend for anyone traveling to Vegas in the near future.This statue was incredible!! She was a REAL person! I have no idea how she could sit still for so long. I can hardly sit still for 5 seconds!!! She was great. Needless to say we gave her the couple bucks we had left to spare after Vegas took just about all we brought:). It was well worth it though!

9 comments:

Cam and Mele said...

Woohoo I think I either took, was there, or dressed the kids for half these pics!! Sorry that makes me feel good...I can't believe those days are over:( I love those kids, even though Marz doesn't know me anymore.

BCOOPER said...

what a fun vegas trip! i am like you about leaving my kids. we tried just having my mom take them one night, and neither of us slept all night. i know your feeling!!

Swirls of Happy said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Vegas!!! Jason and I have some pretty hillarious stories from People Watching there...I will have to tell you about them, but not on the blog (hehe)! You and Derek look so cute in your pics, I am glad you had so much fun! The browns and Us should all plan a trip together. Did you get my email about the Dec. Concert?

the cummard family said...

WHAT UP! Hands down you are the cutest pregnant girl......#3? LOL. You guys need to hang out more often, Matix and Marz had so much fun with our kids!

Tyra said...

Cute pictures!!! Looks like Vegas was a fun time.

Brooklyn said...

Hahah! First, I feel like I am looking at a brown headed Bo in these pics! I never realized how much Bo and Derek look alike! It's their nose. Second, We went to Vegas a couple years ago with the Williams and it was a blast! Britt and I were both wearing Juicy couture swim suits and They said "juicy" on the back and these drunk guys would not leave us alone. It was funny, until the end when Bo and Jason got involved. Long story short I love to people watch as well, as long as no one is looking at me :) Okay, you guys better go to the concert in December. We had fun at our last comedy adventure! Cute pics Heidi! I'm so glad your blogging!

Melly Mel said...

Heidi! It was so good to hear from you! You are so fun! I love your blog! I'm so glad that you found my blog. I didn't know you had a girl... last time at Bunko you were having a boy so that is exciting! It looks like you all are doing well which is always so nice to see. Take Care!
Melissa

PS I miss you guys at Bunko. I'm starting my own and it won't be the same without the original crew. Oh and can you send me your email address? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

hahha- I know this is soo random- but I think I have those jeans you are wearing! Are they Miss Me Jeans? They are cute whatever they are- I know- WeIrD-am just a hoarder of jeans- they're my vice!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you two got away. A hard as it is, it is the best thing you can do! Looks like fun!

This Time Last Year....