11.19.2007

Lieutenant Who??


Matix would like to announce the birth (or filling, fluffing, and dressing) of Lieutenant Shrek. Lt. Shrek loves to roller skate in his spare time (as you can see) and wears hard hats as kind of a fashion thing. That’s what you get when you let your son loose in Build-a-Bear. Hey, it could have been worse…he was REALLY wanting a turtle that purred like a kitty and wore a dress, sooo….I consider this a success.

If you mommies have never been to this place, I highly recommend it to all! We had so much fun there and NEVER would have gone had we not received a B-a-B gift card for Marley’s birthday. (Yeah, so we let Matix use Marley’s birthday gift card. So sue me.) It can be quite pricey, but you not only get a bear (or Lt. Shrek), but an experience to go with it.

Matix…how do I put this??....would not be one to win an award for “FEARLESS”. I hate to admit that Marley runs laps around Matix’s fearlessness. From day 1 that little boy has freaked out over anything and everything. Slides, swings, bugs, dogs, cats, water, lint, food, anything. Okay, so the last one was an exaggeration, but you get the point. I don’t know what it is??!!!!! He sure as heck didn’t get that from my side…Okay, maybe he did:). Needless to say, every step of B-a-B, he was SUPER cautious. I couldn’t help but laugh. He was soooo excited to be making Shrek when he saw the big fluffy Shrek doll on the shelf. That excitement diminished when we handed him the empty, limp piece of fur. It was then that he freaked! He did NOT want to be less than 10 feet away from that thing. After a while (and some bribing), he started to warm up to the idea and ended up having a blast. He is a funny kid…


And, NO, that is NOT me with the cowboy hat on!!

All the while, Mar just chilled…


And tried to sneak some candy from Mom’s purse while she was preoccupied with Matix…

9 comments:

Swirls of Happy said...

How cute!!!! I LOVE build a bear and can't wait to take Bentley!!!! M & M are the cutest kids...I just want to cuddle them...so cute :) Glad you guys had so much fun!

the cummard family said...

lol-whatever heidi..."ride em cowboy!" I love Build-A-Bear...too bad it cost a small fortune for one thing there! Marley is my favorite, I could pinch her little cheeks!

Anonymous said...

I appreciate Mattix's creativity- he definitely wins the award for making the most unique Shrek- it is adorable! Plus he looks so happy with the end result :)
Build-A-Bear looks like a ton of fun- I have always wanted to make one, but I am not 5 anymore, so I guess I will wait till I have a child :)
P.S. Gald to hear the salad was a sucess!!!!

Chelsea said...

too weird... as I am sitting here downloading our pictures from our own Build A Bear excursion on Saturday, it was way fun!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Heidi- we just took all 3 kids there last month for their B-DAYS!!! I sooo agree with you- SUCH A FUN EXPERIENCE FOR THEM. espeically if you take the time to explain every process of it. Matix looks so dang cute!! What a stud! now wait...was this a birthday tribute?? or just for fun? What a stud... and yes- i'm shocked he's fearfull! i wish i had one of those.

Brooklyn said...

Hey you! We love build a bear! How fun! SUch cute pictures! ps, love your shoes :)

Rachael, Duke, and the Boss said...

Hey Heidi! It's Rachael Harris. I just wanted to say hello. You look great and your kids are so cute. I hope all is well with you guys!

Anonymous said...

You're right... maybe I should just give into my childish desires and have a little birthday soiree for myself at Build-A-Bear. My b-day is coming up, so it is definitely something to start thinking about :) I 'll let you know if it ends up being a go!

Anonymous said...

Sweet! You can let Matix know that I will need all the help I can get at B-a-B, so he is totally invited :) I don't know if we can top Lieutenant Shrek though. My b-day is Dec. 11th- So I still have couple of weeks to decide :) Its a toss up between the fabulous B-a-B or bowling...!?

This Time Last Year....